under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) GUEST LECTURE (20th February, 2021)
The School of Law of the MUIT under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) organized a ‘Guest Lecture’ virtually on the topic ‘Constitution amendment & Scope of the Research in constitution Law’ for the students of Ph.D. through Microsoft Teams.
Time: 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. onwards
Chaired By: Prof. (Dr.) Azim Pathan Professor & Dean, School of Law, HNLU, Raipur, Dr. K.B .Asthana, Dean, MLS and Dr. Annu Bahl Mehra, Dy. Dean, MLS
A session on ‘Guest Lecture’ was conducted on the 20th of February, 2021 virtually by the Maharishi Law School. The session was attended by all the students of Ph.D. of the School of Law. The aim was to conduct a guest lecture among the scholars and to disseminate information on the topic of Constitution Amendment & Scope of the Research in Constitution Law”. This has given a new dimension of thinking to the Research Scholars of MUIT. Special Thanks to Prof. Azim Pathan for delivering such a wonderful lecture on 20th Feb, 2021.
The key highlights of the lecture are:
- K. B. Asthana was the facilitator of the event. The session opened with the introductory statements of the speakers and further explained the importance of such interactive lectures in undertaking research work by the PhD students.
- Professor and Dy. Dean Ms. Annu Bahl Mehra while delivering a lecture outlined the important aspects of constitutional law of India. She started with explaining the importance of basic structure of constitution and then ruled out the federalism characteristics of Indian Constitution.
- She emphasized on different levels provided by the constitution for the functioning of the government and the three main branches of the federal government that are the legislature, the executive and the judiciary. She also supplemented her speech by mentioning dicey rule too.
- Pathan’s lecture was full of knowledge. He covered all the aspects and provisions regarding the amendment of constitution, important amendments that shaped the legal development and also cited Hon’ble Supreme Court’s judgments in regard of this.
- Pathan made the lecture interactive by citing relevant anecdotes from history and discussed the importance of the amendments done to the constitution till date and explained how constitution is a rich source for lots of research work.
- Finally, Dr. K.B. Asthana, Dean, MLS delivered the vote of thanks and summed up the session.