Under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) GUEST LECTURE (6th February, 2021)
The School of Law of the MUIT under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) organized ‘Guest Lecture’ virtually on the topic ‘Innovation and Latest Trends in Legal Education and Research’for the students of Ph.D. through Microsoft Teams.
Time: 2:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. onwards
Chaired By: Prof. (Dr.) Sanjay P Srivastava, Professor,Central University of South Bihar. , Dr. K.B .Asthana, Dean, School of Law
A session on ‘Guest Lecture’ was conducted on the 6th of February, 2021 virtually by the Maharishi Law School. Dr.K.B.Asthana, Dean, Maharishi Law School, was the facilitatorfor the event.
The session was attended by all the students of Ph.D.of the School of Law. The aim was to conduct a guest lecture among the scholars,enlightening them on the topic of “Innovation and Latest Trends in Legal Education & Research“.This has given a new dimension of thinking to the Research Scholars of MUIT. Special Thanks to Prof Sanjay for delivering such a wonderful lecture on 6th Feb, 2021.
The key highlights of the lecture are:
- K. B. Asthana opened the session with the introductory statements of the speakers and further explained the importance of such interactive lectures in undertaking research work by the PhD students.
- Professor and Dy.Dean Ms.AnnuBahlMehra while delivering a lecture gave a brief regarding the innovative methods and latest trends prevalent in the field of legal education and research. She mentioned the importance of internet and research databases in conducting research. She threw light on the new ways of conducting research with the help of technology and how this has eased the process to extreme length.
- She also emphasized on some of the disadvantages of use of Internet in research work, increased plagiarism to be one of them. It was also discussed by her that though there are disadvantages of technology but the benefits of same surely outweigh the same.
- Srivastava’s lecture was full of knowledge. He stated that technological developments play a critical role in the development of law, emphasising on developments in the field of internet and data protection.
- Srivastava highlighted that law evolves with new technology and innovation. Development in Internet technology has led to new developments in legislations including Information Technology Act, 2000 and data protection law.
- Dr. Srivastava, also discussed the important developments in research methodology and advancements in technology and evolution of law.
- Finally, Dr. K.B. Asthana, Dean, MLS delivered the vote of thanks and summed up the session.