PhD in Computer Science
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known – Carl Sagan
Welcome to MUIT
Ph.D program in Maharishi University of Technology is conducted twice in an year: January and July sessions. The admissions are thereby start in the month of October and April respectively. The Ph.D program is offered in Full time and Part time mode. It is mandatory to complete the coursework, participation in various events, submission of reports, etc on regular basis.
The duration of Full time Ph.D program is minimum of 3 years and the duration of part time Ph.D program is 4 years. The maximum duration to complete the course will be 6 years. The main Guide for the scholar will be from MUIT who will be appointed as per the research topic and availability of Guide. MUIT also allows scholars to appoint a co-guide from outside University.
- Candidates for admission to the PhD program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.0 or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- It is desirable that the applicants, who possess minimum prescribed qualifications for admission to PhD. program should have an excellent academic/professional track record in the relevant discipline.
- The applicant for Part-time PhD. should:
- Prove to the satisfaction of SRC (Student Report Committee) that his official duties permit him to devote enough time for research.
- Ensure that facilities for pursuing research are available at his place of work in the chosen field of research, wherever required.
- Applications for admission to a Ph.D. program are accepted twice a year, for January and July sessions.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, whether full time or part time, shall have to possess requisite percentage of marks / grade point average / subjects/ specializations in qualifying examination as indicated under each Ph.D. program:
- Candidate who apply for Ph.D part time , will have to submit their employment verification details at the time of form filling and NOC as per format, at the time of joining after their selection to the program
- The admission Form is to be filled and submitted ONLINE ONLY along with required documents uploaded in the given format and an online payment of Rs 1200/- made via a Credit / Debit card. No hard copies will be accepted.
- Candidates will be communicated about requirements related to their application form, date, time and venue of selection process (written test and / or Interview) through email.
- Eligible candidates will be required to undertake PET (Ph.D. Entrance Test), on the date of examination.
- Selected candidates will be intimated about their interview date through email.
- Final Selected candidates will be intimated with their offer letter through email.
- Offer of admission will be provisional & valid only for the specific program opted by the candidate as well as for the same academic session. The offer of admission will automatically stand cancelled if the conditions are not fulfilled by the specified time.
Note1. It is mandatory for foreign nationals/ NRI to submit AIU certificate along with other documents at the time of applying.
Note2. It is mandatory for working applicants to submit a NOC at the time of registration cum orientation for the program, i.e within a month of their selection.