School of Data Science
BACHELOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
B. Tech ( Computer Science ) & Engineering
OBJECTIVE AND DESCRIPTION
Decision Making is a core component of emerging engineering systems. This becomes more of a mandate for the systems that consume large amounts of sensing data from independent sources. Owing to that, data-driven decision making is an essential component for the engineering studies, especially for the PG Diploma in Data Science and Analytics course. MUIT’s PG Diploma in Data Science covers instruments and methodologies imperative for analysis of unstructured, raw and often corrupt data present in real-time engineering systems.
The PG Diploma in Data Analytics is the course that introduces students to decision making that is driven by Big Data and Analytics. The PG Diploma in Data Science is a 12-month, 2-semester course that takes students through the intricacies of Data Analytics. After the completion of the PG Diploma in Data Science from MUIT, a student will be able to find several opportunities as the certificate is a proof of them being competent data scientists. This course will prepare you for several fields and industries and provide you with a number of necessary skills. After the course, students will be able to:
At MUIT, the basic objectives of the B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering course are as follows:–
- Perform data analysis and modelling as well as predictive analysis. They will be able to utilize data visualization skills for story-telling, which is a skill considered to be crucial in decision making for businesses.
- Analyze the data they are provided with, to be able to summarize the main characteristics of the data even with visual methods to support their exploratory data analysis.
- Use and understand the main technologies of big data to enable the deployment of enterprise information management as well as to solve business problems.
- Under the purview of PG Diploma in Data Science, learn AI (Artificial Intelligence) as well as about neural networks in order to facilitate the creation of intelligent and innovative machines.
- Apply methods, techniques, and tools like R, Python, SQL, Excel, Tableau, Pig, Hive, etc. to real-world problems.
- Post PG Diploma in Data Science and Analytics, students will become adept in predicting outcomes, cleaning and unifying messy and complex data sets, etc.
Apart from concentrating at the aspects of B. Tech in Computer Science Engineering, following are the additional objectives that are aimed to nurture the skills of our students better –
- To help students undertake various research tasks and mini-projects.
- To help students grow their interpersonal and communication skills.
- To encourage students to participate in various activities like tech fests, cultural events, sports, etc.
- To inculcate teamwork values in students that will help in achieving a common goal.
- To educate the students in terms of professional, ethical, and social responsibilities.
PROGRAMME DELIVERABLE: The main aim of this program is to allow students to pursue a B.Tech Degree in Computer Science Engineering from MUIT, which will help them achieve success in the field of Software and IT
PROGRAMME DURATION : As mentioned before, the syllabus of CSE for B.Tech degree is quite detailed as it is the foundation for any future scope that the industry offers. Given that, the programme duration is that of 4 years i.e. 48 months. These 4 years consists of 8 semesters wherein the student will be educated in all the aspects of CSE.
Candidate Eligibility : Bachelor’s Degree with 55% aggregate (or 70% in Mathematics, Economics, and Statistics)
|Mathematics – I|
|Programming for Problem Solving using C|
|Engineering Graphics & Design|
|Science of Consciousness – I|
|Mathematics – II|
|Data Structures using C|
|Basics of Python|
|Science of Consciousness – II|
|Mathematics – III|
|Relational Database Management System and SQL|
|Robotics – I|
|Science of Consciousness – III|
|Object Oriented Programming using C ++|
|Robotics – II|
|PDP – IV Environmental Science|
|Science of Consciousness – IV|
|Discrete Structure and Graph Theory|
|Software Project Management|
|Robotics – III|
|Science of Consciousness – V|
|Design and analysis of Algorithms|
|Mobile Application Development|
|Robotics – IV|
|Science of Consciousness – VI|
|C# . Net|
|Cryptography and Network Security|
|1. Pattern Recognition|
|2. Soft Computing|
|3. Neural Networks|
|Theory of Automata and Formal Languages|
|Science of Consciousness – VII|
|One Elective –|
|1. Neural Network|
|2. Natural Language Processing|
|3. Artificial Intelligence|
|Digital Image Processing|
|Science of Consciousness – VIII|
Yes, our detailed syllabus for those pursuing B.Tech degree in Computer Science will enable them to learn and gain the required knowledge about the various aspects of computing.
No, it is not mandatory to know coding languages as the curriculum will cover it all. However, you can read about the various programming languages, if you wish to.
Yes, we do offer a hostel facility for students. Please get in touch with us at +91-9599707416 for further details.
Software and IT industry is a developing one. It is constantly growing and the scope in this industry is huge. So, if you are looking to a professional future that will give you stability – pursuing this B.Tech in CSE is something that you should consider.
The program duration is for 4 years i.e. 48 months where the subjects are divided into 8 semesters. Each year consists of 2 semesters of 6 months each wherein the first cycle is known as Odd Semester and the second cycle is known as Even Semester.