Students who want to become experts in a specific area of law can pursue an LLM with specialisation. LLM is a postgraduate degree in law that is now available as the scope of legal matters has expanded and various industries seek legal experts in their domain. The Master of Laws (LLM) programme at Indian colleges/universities lasts two years. The LLM degree course curriculum is designed in such a way that the law course is divided into four semesters. In the Master of Law programme, students gain in-depth knowledge of a specific field of law through intensive research in that field. Students are increasingly interested in LLM specialisation courses.
Eligibility Conditions: The applicant should be having minimum of 50% marks in LL.B program from a university recognized by UGC and approved by BCI.
It is essential to pursue an LLM course after graduating from a top law school. An LLM programme will help you get started in your legal career. Listed below are a few of the most compelling reasons to pursue LLM programmes.
• Prepares for an International Career: LLM degrees with a specialisation in International Law will help students make a name for themselves in the international arena and eventually help them make a career in the international legal domain, ensuring a promising future.
• Focuses Your Interests: Unlike undergraduate law courses that cover law in general, the LLM programme allows you to specialize in a specific field. This eventually allows you to concentrate on the subject and give it more attention, allowing you to become an expert in it.
• Broad Specializations: The array of specialization’s available in LLM courses will assist students in choosing a career in a wide range of specializations such as International Law, Corporate Law, Labor Law, and Human Rights, among others.
• Pursue a Career in Legal Writing & Research: Depending on the LLM specialisation, pursuing LLD after LLM allows you to pursue a career in legal research and writing.
• Better Job Prospects: A LLM degree will get you a higher salary and more opportunities than a simple bachelor's degree in law.
LLM programmes at MUIT:
Following LLM admission, both LLM programmes require regular classes. This programme is designed to be completed in one year.
Students who have been admitted to the LLM programme at MUIT can expect to study some common papers in the first semester. Students will, however, begin taking subjects based on the specializations they have chosen for their master's degree in law in the second semester. Students will also have the opportunity to intern with actual law firms during the course to gain valuable practical experience. Both internal and external marks will be given equal weight throughout the course. The foundation courses are required for all students to take in the first semester of the degree, but beyond that, students can choose from a variety of elective courses based on their interests and intended areas of specialisation.
LL.M program (1 year & 2 year)
The Maharishi Law School of Maharishi University of Information Technology, as one of the top law schools in India, offers LL.M programmes (1 year and 2 years) in accordance with UGC guidelines. This programme includes a wide range of legal courses, seminars, hands-on learning opportunities, and special events.
The specialization courses help them in concentrating on a given sub-domain of law.
1 Year Program ( 2 semesters) /2 year Program ( 4 semesters)
Bachelor in Law, min 50% aggregate
International Law, Human Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Cyber Law, IPR Law, Corporate Law, Family Law, Arbitration & Conciliation, Banking & Financial Laws, Security & Defense Laws, Criminal Law & Forensic Science.
© 2023 Maharishi University of Information Technology. All Rights Reserved