STB Logo Making Contest :
In order to add more value to its network in the Asian region, Picasso along with Singapore Tourism Board had organised a Contest asking the students to design an animated logo for STB (Singapore Tourism Board). To add more excitement in designing the logo, Department of Animation executed it among all the students across its centres pan India. The winners got an opportunity to attend “Anime Festival Asia in Singapore” (AFAX)on November 13 & 14, 2010. It was followed by a full day workshop on animation techniques, processes and outputs which witnessed the participation of top institutes of animation in Singapore.
Department of Animation bags ‘Best Animation Institute of the Year 2010
Department of Animation was recently awarded the title of “Best Animation Institute of the Year 2010” at 4th Idiot Animation Contest Award Ceremony organised by India Book of Records held recently at Dogra Hall, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi campus.
Department of Animation bagged this award for a short film Asoka by students of the institute. The film has been shortlisted in the top 10 out of 100 entries. There was a prominent panel of judges who selected and shortlisted the winners of this competition.
- Award for Educational Excellence by Jamia Milia Hamdard 2014
- Award for Teaching Excellence by Indus Foundation Indo-Global Education Summit 2013
- Award for Educational Excellence by Indo-Global Education Submit 2013
- Award for Educational Excellence by Indo-Global Education Summit & Expo 2012
- Best Animation Institute Award by Minibox.com 2011
- Best Animation Institute Award by Animation Guru & Animation Xpress 2010
- Winner of Excellence Award from ASIFA India 2009
- Excellence Award from ASIFA India as Best 3D Film: Our Hyderabad STAR student batch 2007-09 has been awarded an Excellence Award from ASIFA India as best 3D Film in the student category for the film “SAVE OUR SOUL” on the eve of IAD 09 celebrations.
- Winner of Award from NASSCOM’s (National Association of Software and Service Companies) Animation & Gaming Festival 2007: Vishal Dandriyal (2005-06 batch) participated in the competition along with his team. He says “When our team won the coveted Super Pitch Award at NASSCOM’s Animation Gaming Event of 2007, no words can describe our feelings and gratitude to Department of Animation. Equipped with the skills learnt at Department of Animation, we won this award competing against big studios like DQ and Annirights”. Vishal’s team members are Sanjay Banerjee, Nitesh Vaid, Amit Singh and Gagan.
- Winner of the award from DIGICON 2007: Student project entitled ‘Wrong Delivery’ is produced by Yashi Jain (2006-07 batch) and her team, won an award at DIGICON Animation Film Festival. Yashi and her teammates Ranjit Singh Rana, Jayanth Raj, Jagdeep Singh Sagoo and Philip Bode work with studios like DQ, Crest and Picasso.
- Winner of Best Modeler of the year award by Crest Studios: Our student of 2006-07 batch, Rakesh Kotliya, has been awarded the Best Modeller of the year 2007 in the internal rankings of Crest Animation Studio. With just 6 months of industry experience, Rakesh has won this honour from the Crest studio that employs over 500 animation professionals. This achievement makes Department of Animation proud.
- Rakesh Kali, the team leader with DQ Entertainment says” I was always fascinated by movies like Shark Tale, Stuart little and wanted to be part of the team making such movies. Even before completing my programme from Department of Animation I got an offer from India’s largest animation studio, DQ Entertainment. Within 3 months of joining DQ, I was promoted to the position of team leader. Presently I am working on a project outsourced from a famous Hollywood studio”