MUIT provides services to our student community as well as our partner organizations which include schools, colleges and other educational institutes. Our customers also include other websites or organizations with which we have marketing or other types of collaborations.
We may collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below:
- User website activity: This is data about your browsing activity on our website. For example, which pages you visited and when, and what items you placed into your online shopping cart.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device’s IP address, cookie string data and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Email and Postal Addresses: Some of our partners expect us to share actual email addresses and postal addresses with them, so that (with the help of Advertising Partners) they can serve targeted ads to customers. Also, we may assist the partners with sending emails to our customers.
- Information related to Examinations Taken By Our Students: We may ask our students to part with information about the various exams they are appearing in, and the final scores obtained by them. This data is used by MUIT’s academic team to track the performance of our successful students and also used by the marketing team to provide reputation data which is useful to future customers.
We share our customer’s information using our best judgement always keeping the best interest of our customers in mind. However, we may disclose personally identifying information (PII) about you:
- With Partners: We may provide selected data of our students to our partner organizations and marketing collaborators from time to time where we feel that our customers may benefit from the same. We may assist the partners with sending emails to our customers. This may not apply in cases where we have contracts or agreements which expressly forbid such sharing of data.
- With our auditors and service providers: We may contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your PII in connection with the services they perform for us. With our subsidiaries and related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example, to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of MUIT, our partners or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your PII in connection with the sale.
We recognise how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving emails and other marketing communications served by us Every emailer served by our organization has an appropriate op-out option.
- You can opt-out of online advertisement served by online advertisers by opting out and refusing to accept cookies from their sites
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org