P.G. Diploma in Data Science
OBJECTIVE AND DESCRIPTION
Decision Making is a core component of emerging engineering systems. This becomes more of a mandate for the systems that consume large amounts of sensing data from independent sources. Thus data-driven decision making becomes an essential component for the engineering studies. MUIT introduces this course to cover instruments and methodologies imperative for analysis of unstructured, raw and often corrupt data present in real time engineering systems.
PROGRAMME DELIVERABLE: PG Diploma in Data Science from MUIT
PROGRAMME DURATION: 12 months, consisting of 2 semesters
Candidate Eligibility: 55% aggregate (or 70% in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics)
- Introduction to Big Data and Analytics Driven Decision Making
- Business Statistics and Statistical Modeling using R / Excel
- Data Reporting / Dash-boarding using Advanced Excel, VBA, and Macros
- Database / Data Warehousing (RDBMS, SQL, ETL) for Analytics
- Data Handling using SAS Language (Data Handling)
- Data Visualization using Tableau, Google Charts
- Econometrics using SAS
- Market Research & Consumer Behavior Analytics
- Introduction to Text analytics and Text Mining to Analyze Social Networks data
- Financial Risk Analytics (PD Modeling)
- Machine Learning Techniques for Recommendation Engines using Python
- Excelling Big Data Analytics with Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Zookeeper, Pig, Scoop, Spark, NLTK, etc.)
- Analytical Problem Solving Skills
- Case studies on :
- Telecom Analytics (Churn, Spend, etc.)
- Retail Analytics (Marketing Basket, Churn, Customer Value, etc.)
- Insurance Analytics (Fraud, Customer Segmentation, Profiling, etc.)
- HR Analytics (Appraisals, Attrition, etc.)
- Clinical Trial (Drug Effectiveness, etc.)
PG Diploma in Analytics & Big Data is a one year program in Data Science. The objective of this program is to help students with good STEM background SWITCH to Data Science Domain. At the end of the course candidate is completely employable in various Data Science roles in professional organization and can work as:
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Miner
- Business Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Program Analyst
- Data Visualizer
If you are a STEM professional/student and are looking to build professional career in World of Works, this program is appropriate for you as it leapfrogs you to a role of business problem solver, as more and more business processes are becoming data driven.
MUIT Noida has a multi acre campus and supports fully residential program. Hostel facilities both (AC/Non-AC) can be availed at an additional cost. Please contact us at +91-9599707416 for further details.
The Data Science programs in MUIT Noida are delivered in collaboration between MUIT and IVY Pro School. This ensures two-fold benefit to the students. Firstly, our own placement cell works dedicatedly to secure the most apt and promising growth opportunities for the deserving candidates. Secondly, Industry Interfacing Support is also drawn from long list of IVY corporate clients, that is also an official Data Science training partners for Corporate Companies like Cognizant/GENPACT among others.
No, Not necessarily as the course curriculum covers all the required programming languages from scratch. STEM background is beneficial.