P.G. Diploma in Data Science
OBJECTIVE AND DESCRIPTION
Decision Making is a core component of emerging engineering systems. This becomes more of a mandate for the systems that consume large amounts of sensing data from independent sources. Owing to that, data-driven decision making is an essential component for the engineering studies. MUIT’s PG Diploma in Data Science covers instruments and methodologies imperative for analysis of unstructured, raw and often corrupt data present in real time engineering systems.
PROGRAMME DELIVERABLE: PG Diploma in Data Science from MUIT
PROGRAMME DURATION: 12 months, consisting of 2 semesters
Candidate Eligibility: 55% aggregate (or 70% in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics)
MUIT, Maharishi University of Information Technology is among the top technical universities of the country. With a well-trained faculty on board, the university provides the best academic platform to its students for this PG Diploma pertaining to data analytics.
- Introduction to Big Data and Analytics Driven Decision Making
- Business Statistics and Statistical Modeling using R / Excel
- Data Reporting / Dash-boarding using Advanced Excel, VBA, and Macros
- Database / Data Warehousing (RDBMS, SQL, ETL) for Analytics
- Data Handling using SAS Language (Data Handling)
- Data Visualization using Tableau, Google Charts
- Econometrics using SAS
- Market Research & Consumer Behavior Analytics
- Introduction to Text analytics and Text Mining to Analyze Social Networks data
- Financial Risk Analytics (PD Modeling)
- Machine Learning Techniques for Recommendation Engines using Python
- Excelling Big Data Analytics with Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Hbase, Zookeeper, Pig, Scoop, Spark, NLTK, etc.)
- Analytical Problem Solving Skills
- Case studies on :
- Telecom Analytics (Churn, Spend, etc.)
- Retail Analytics (Marketing Basket, Churn, Customer Value, etc.)
- Insurance Analytics (Fraud, Customer Segmentation, Profiling, etc.)
- HR Analytics (Appraisals, Attrition, etc.)
- Clinical Trial (Drug Effectiveness, etc.)
PG Diploma in Analytics & Big Data is a one year program in Data Science. The objective of this program
is to help students with good STEM background SWITCH to Data Science Domain.
What are the job roles one can apply for after finishing the PG Diploma in Data Science?
At the end of the course, the candidate is completely employable in various Data Science roles in
professional organization and can work as:
2. Data Analyst
3. Data Scientist
4. Data Miner
5. Business Analyst
6. Risk Analyst
7. Program Analyst
8. Data Visualizer
If you are a STEM professional/student and are looking to build professional career in World of Works,
this PG Diploma teaches data analytics, and leapfrogs you to a role of business problem solver, as more
and more business processes are becoming data driven.
Is MUIT a day boarding university or are there hostel facilities for outstation students?
MUIT Noida has a multi-acre campus, and supports a fully residential program. Hostel facilities both
(AC/Non-AC) can be availed at an additional cost. Please contact us at +91-9599707416 for further
The Data Science programs in MUIT Noida are delivered in collaboration between MUIT and IVY Pro
School. This ensures two-fold benefit to the students. Firstly, our own placement cell works dedicatedly
to secure the most apt and promising growth opportunities for the deserving candidates. Secondly,
Industry Interfacing Support is also drawn from long list of IVY corporate clients that are also official
Data Science training partners for Corporate Companies like Cognizant/GENPACT among others.
No, not necessarily as the course curriculum covers all the required programming languages from
scratch. STEM background is beneficial.
You can reserve your seat for this PG Diploma in Data Science by paying INR 50,000 for tuition fee and
INR 10,000 for hostel, on an initial basis. To understand the complete course fee structure, please call us
at +91-9599707416 or drop us a message here.